Weddings come in so many shapes and sizes, which is why I wanted to make space for the unique needs of each couple who comes my way! Whether you’re wanting a courthouse wedding with 4 guests, an afternoon garden party surrounded by the 50 people you love the most, or a big ole PARTY with 200 guests and a disco ball, you DESERVE to have beautiful photos that will honor it forever.
Your flowers will fade. Your dress will get stored away. Life will move on . . . But the photos? Your grandkids will have them hanging in their living room . . .
And THAT matters.
I am the one vendor who you will spend the most time with on your wedding day. I will be there for all the big moments, for your most emotional feels, and for your quiet little hand touches. You want to make SURE the photographer you choose is someone who will help you prepare for the day, ease your nerves, keep the day moving, and who you will ENJOY being around all while creating photographs that honor how magical it really was.
• 3-5 hours
• $600 an hour
• Timeline planning
• Digital album of final, high-res photo files
• Personal print release
• 6-8 hours
• Timeline planning
• Second Photographer
• Digital album of final, high-res photo files
• Personal print release
• Up to 10 hours
• Timeline planning
• Engagement session
• Second photographer
• Digital album + personal print release
A discounted engagement session can be added on to the Intimate or Classic day and is something I highly recommend. Engagement photos are like a practice run for your day - we get to know one another, you get a glimpse at how I operate, I learn how YOU two engage with one another and at the end of it all you get another layer of photos that honors your journey. Your wedding day can be fast and furious, an engagement session is a chance for you to slow down and enjoy one another!
Yes, I travel! Travel is free for up to 100 miles round trip from my location in Lakeville, MN. After 100 miles there is a $0.65 per mile travel fee. For locations 2-4 hours away, there is an additional per night fee for lodging, which will be discussed upon booking. Travel further than 4 hours will be determined on a case-by-case bases. All travel fees will be agreed to prior to booking.
• How much do we pay upfront?
A $1,000 retainer is due at the time of booking to hold your date, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
• How many photos will we get?
On average I deliver around 100-130 images per hour of photography. Since all events are different there is no set number guarantee!
• Do we have to pay tax?
Short answer - no! Because I am a service based business who only delivers a digital product, I do not need to charge sales tax. Your final balance will be the package you choose + any travel fees or add ons, no other hidden fees!
• Do you have back-up gear?
ABSOLUTELY. I always work with 2 cameras and keep a third on standby, I have multiple lenses, a handful of batteries fully charged for the day, 2 flashes, and more memory cards than I could ever count! Gear malfunction will NEVER be an issue on your wedding day!
• Do you help create a timeline?
HECK YES. This is something we will chat about at the very beginning and continue to nail down until we have a clear, smooth sailing timeline in place! I will send you a questionnaire after booking which will help me create a timeline that works best for your day. Having been behind the scenes of many weddings I know exactly how to plan out your day so that we check off all the boxes plus leave plenty of time for just enjoying it all.
• What happens if you get sick or injured before our wedding day?
After decades of being plugged into the local photography industry I have a multitude of equally talented and brilliant photographers I would call on to stand in my place on your wedding day. They would be there with you taking the photos, and then I would edit them to give you an end result just like we had originally planned. In no way would your experience or end product be harmed! If this were to happen, you would immediately be informed by me and I will take care of any planning needed to get things in place.
• How do you secure our images so they are safe after our wedding?
On your wedding day I will be using cameras that have dual memory card slots - this way your images are copied TWICE to two different memory cards throughout the day. Then when I get home, the very first thing I do (after swinging through the late night Taco Bell drive-through) is upload your photos to my backup system. They will live on my computer, an external hard-drive, my cloud storage, AND I will not clear the memory cards until after you have received your images. Essentially they are backed up FIVE times until you have received all your images, because I am extra A.F. and keeping your photos safe is a big deal. :-)
• How would you describe your photo-style?
I love this question. 😍 I think there are two answers here - how I capture the photos and how I edit them. When it comes to taking the photos, I am all about authenticity - my mission with my photography is to show people how absolutely MAGIC the real moments in life can be. There is no need to fake it in front of my camera because life is beautiful as-is. YOU are the magic, I just take the pictures. It's important to me that you feel comfortable and safe while I'm taking your photos and NOT awkward or insecure. I prefer to let life unfold and capture true candids, but if you need a little help getting out of your shell I have plenty of ways to make that happen (and it's a LOT of fun)! As far as my editing style goes, I lean towards a timeless, romantic, and cinematic vibe with a film-ish flair. When you look at my photos I want you to be unsure of what era in life they were taken, guaranteeing they'll never look cheesy hanging on your walls decades from now.
You're ready to book - now what?!
So you’re feeling the vibe and are ready to move forward with booking – what happens next?! Well FIRST OF ALL – I do my happy gratitude dance because I am SO FREAKING HONORED you have chosen me to capture your day!!
I truly don’t know if you could ever grasp the joy I feel when someone books me for their wedding day . . . It is such a huge honor and responsibility and one I DEFINITELY do not take lightly! I am thoroughly dedicated to giving you incredible photos that honor your day AND a really fun, stress-free experience. This is a once in a lifetime kind of ordeal and it is absolutely supposed to be fun and joyful. I will do everything in my power to make that a reality! Below is the general timeline of what will happen if you decide to book with me.
BEFORE YOUR WEDDING:
- You’ve decided it’s a YES – Yay!!! Shoot me an email letting me know you’re ready to move forward with booking, and I will send over the link for you to pay and sign your contract.
- You’ll receive an email with the link to book – There is a form you fill out with your information, a contract you’ll read through thoroughly and sign, and the invoice. All of this can be done from your phone while sitting on the couch – oh the beauties of technology! $1,000 is due right away to hold your date and guarantee I don’t give that day to anyone else, OR if you want to get it all taken care of right away you can pay the full balance or any amount over $1,000.
- Once payment has been received, I will send you a questionnaire to fill out. This has a bunch of questions on it that help me get to know you and your partner better, help me understand your needs for the wedding day so that I can build an accurate timeline, as well as some other vital questions. Take your time filling this out together and I will receive an email once it’s been completed (no need to reach out and tell me!).
- Depending on how far in advance you are booking me and how many details of your day you have nailed down, I can create a rough draft of the timeline right away. Quite often this will need to shift some as we get closer to the date, so usually it isn’t until about 3 months out that we can get a more accurate timeline in place. We will also schedule a call for about 1 month out from your wedding day to review all the things!
- From the time you book until your wedding day – I’M YOURS. You can email me ANY time with ANY questions, ideas, dreams, worries, etc. Although I’m just one piece of the wedding puzzle, I have a LOT of experience behind the scenes of weddings and can share a lot of insight on what may or may not work. I’m here for you, so please utilize me if you need to!!
- If you decide to opt for an engagement session, we will start planning that right after booking!
- As mentioned above, a month prior to your wedding we will schedule a time to chat. During this call we’ll review the timeline, go over any other details, and I will share with you my list of day-of tips. These are things I have learned over the years that truly help the day flow smoother, allowing you more time to enjoy it all!!
ON YOUR WEDDING:
- I will show up at least 30 minutes early so I have enough time to say hello, get my gear ready and scope out the location.
- The rest of the day will be spent having FUN, celebrating, soaking it all in, etc. We’ll follow the timeline the best we can and I will be there to help keep things on track and problem solve if they get off track. Many of the times I’ll just take a “fly on the wall” stance, capturing the magic that is unfolding on its own. However, I will step in when it’s necessary to help corral folks and keep things moving along!
- Before I head out for the night I’ll make sure to find you and gush over how AMAZING your day was!! It sure does go by fast, so I’ll make sure to help you really soak it all in as the day unfolds.
AFTER YOUR WEDDING:
- Within a few days after your wedding I will email you over a sneak peek! There is just NO way anyone can wait 6-8 weeks for their photos, and I can’t wait that long to share them with you!
- Your gallery will take 6-8 weeks to be delivered, and depending on when your wedding is it may take the full 8 weeks. I will spend that time carefully going through all your images, choosing the absolute BEST ones, editing them to my unique style, as well as doing light retouching. If you need a specific photo before that time is up you can absolutely reach out and ask me for it!
- Once your gallery is finished I will send you an email with all the info on how to access it, download photos, order prints, share with family, etc.!
- You will have access to me after your gallery is delivered for any special editing requests outside of what I normally do – I have a fairly extensive skillset when it comes to retouching so please feel free to make requests! Depending on what the request is/how long it would take there may be a $7 per image retouching fee.
There is a general flow to a timeline, however no two timelines are the same! Many different things play a factor in your timeline – time of year/climate, time of sunset, size of wedding party/family list/guest list, number of locations, whether or not you’re doing a first look, etc.! Below are a couple examples of a general timeline I follow.
Sample timeline for 10 hours, 1 location, October wedding, and with a first look:
- 10:00 – Audrey arrives for scoping out the location
- 10:30 – PHOTOGRAPHY STARTS – Getting ready & detail photos of dress/accessories/etc.
- 11:55 – Dress on/Final touches
- 12:15 – First look/couple’s photos
- 1:00 – Wedding party photos – tell everyone to be ready by 12:45.
- 2:00 – Family photos – tell everyone to be ready by 1:45
- 2:30 – Hide for ceremony
- 3:00 – CEREMONY
- 3:30 – Ceremony ends/Social hour
- 5:00ish – Sunset Photos – Sunset is at 6:26
- 5:30 – Grand entrance + Welcome toast
- 5:50 – Dinner – Speeches during dinner
- *Cake cutting – sneak this in wherever it works!
- 8:00 – First dances
- 8:30 – PHOTOGRAPHY ENDS
Sample timeline for 5 hours, one location & smaller guest list, early October, and with NO first look:
- 12:00 – Audrey arrives for scoping out the location
- 12:30 – PHOTOGRAPHY STARTS – Getting ready & detail photos of dress/accessories/etc.
- 1:10 – Dress on
- 1:25 – Groom + Groomsmen pics
- 1:35 – Hide for ceremony, Audrey takes venue/decor photos
- 2:00 – CEREMONY
- 2:20 – Ceremony ends, receiving line
- 2:45 – Family Photos
- 3:15 – Remaining wedding party photos
- 3:45 – Couple’s photos
- 4:15 – Dinner
- 5:00 – Dances
- 5:30 – PHOTOGRAPHY ENDS – Audrey leaves and you live happily ever after!! 🙂
And that's it!!
There is a TON of info here, but if you have any other questions PLEASE don’t hesitate to ask – I want you to feel as informed and comfortable making this decision as possible!
Other than that, I am just so grateful you are here reading this and that our paths have crossed. I would be beyond honored to continue the journey with you to your wedding day (and beyond – let’s be friends forever)! If you’re ready and excited, then LET’S DO THIS!!!